Poison Baits

Poison baits are a dangerous and irresponsible way to target pests. They pose a serious risk to the environment, as well as humans and animals. When used in an uncontrolled manner, they can contaminate water supplies with deadly toxins or create habitats for toxic species that could be disastrous if consumed by unsuspecting humans or pets. Additionally, the use of poison baits can disrupt natural food chains, resulting in long-term ecological damage. Furthermore, when used incorrectly, poison bait can have devastating effects on vulnerable wildlife such as birds and fish.

Therefore, it is important to understand the risks associated with using this potentially lethal method of pest control before making any decisions. It is also essential to follow all safety instructions provided when handling these substances and take extreme caution while disposing of them responsibly. Ultimately, poison baits should only be considered after other methods have been exhausted, and then only under strictly controlled conditions.

Pest Control in Australia


Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, all poison baits used for pest control in Australia must be approved by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).
All used poison bait should be disposed of in accordance with local regulations or guidelines set out by the manufacturer. Generally this involves wrapping the bait tightly in newspaper or cardboard before putting into an outdoor rubbish bin.
When using any type of poison bait, it is important to wear protective gloves and clothing, keep children and pets away from the bait, never leave unattended for extended periods, and do not handle once it is empty as traces of chemicals may still remain.
Poison baits are most commonly used to control rats, mice, ants, cockroaches and other crawling insects.